Are you receiving all the discounts and credits possible on your worker's compensation insurance?
Maybe, maybe not.
There’s a good chance you didn’t realize workers comp had discounts and credits available. We find that over 71 percent of our new clients had no idea discounts and credits existed, let alone how to receive them on a workers comp policy.
In this short video, we explain….
Get a workers comp quote today and make sure you’re maximizing your discounts.
Workers Compensation Discounts
Many discounts and credits are available on a worker’s comp insurance policy. However, most businesses do not take advantage of these discounts credits for several reasons:
- Set-It-and-Forget-It – Far too many business owners set up a worker’s comp policy and never review it again. Over time they miss opportunities to apply for discounts and credits
- Lack of Guidance – This might sound crazy, but most insurance agents do not specialize in worker’s comp (As we do, see RogueRisk365). This leads to a lack of clear guidance on best setting up and maximizing your worker’s comp policy.
- Wrong Insurance Carrier – Every insurance carrier has a different appetite for the types of businesses they want to work with. You miss potential discounts and credits when your worker’s comp is not correctly aligned with the insurance carrier.
The best place to start is constantly receiving a no-cost, no-obligation Worker’s Comp Experience Mod Audit and Review.
Discounts and Credits
Your first step in maximizing workers’ comp discounts is to find a specialist independent agent who can match you with the best worker’s comp insurance carrier. Once you have the correct page, it’s time to work on applying for the following discounts and credits:
- Safe Workplace – To receive the “Safe Workplace” discount, you’ll need to be able to produce a safety manual and show that employees are regularly trained on safety procedures.
- Return to Work Program – To receive the “Return to Work” discount, you’ll need to be able to provide a copy of your return to work program and show you’ve actively implemented the program.
- Drug-Free Workplace – To receive the “Drug-Free Workplace” discount, you must have a written drug policy and testing procedure.
If you need help producing these documents and implementing these programs into your business, Rogue Risk can help. Just fill out this form.
- Individual Risk Premium Modification (IRPM) – IRPM credits are carrier-specific and can be applied based on agent/underwriter discretion depending on the quality of different aspects of a business (i.e., Leadership, Safety, History, Programs, etc.).
- Experience Modification Factor – The Experience Mod applies a credit or debit to your manual worker’s comp premium based on your business-specific loss history versus what is expected for your business type and size. Learn everything you need to know about Experience Mod here.
- 2nd-Level Class Codes – Certain insurance carriers provide “2nd-Level” classification codes which can often offer additional pricing benefits for businesses based on their precise nature.
As you can see, worker’s compensation insurance pricing is far from straightforward.
If your insurance professional has yet to dig into these discounts and credits, you are most likely overpaying.
Workers' compensation should be clear, simple, and affordable. There is another way. At Rogue Risk, we help businesses overcome these obstacles.
If your current insurance professional has never addressed issues such as total cost of risk or return-to-work programs with you, I would like to encourage you to contact us today.
- You can call or text us at 518.960.6600
- Click here to contact us via email.
I'm excited to introduce you to a new way of viewing your insurance program.