Your General Liability Insurance does not cover Cyber attacks.
Cyber Liability Insurance is the answer.
Get a cyber Liability insurance quote
Not all cyber liability insurance policies and coverage extensions are created equal.
At Rogue Risk, we write cyber liability with only the top-rated insurance carriers, including Chubb, Hanover, Cincinnati and others we’ve spent time vetting against the highest industry standards.
Our cyber liability specialists will match your business is the insurance carrier and coverage that fit your unique business need and budget.
Getting a quote is free, there is no obligation and can often be turned around in minutes.
Don’t delay, fill out the form on this page and get started today.
We look forward to working with you!
What is Cyber Liability Insurance?
When cyber attacks like phishing, data breaches and hacks occur, they can result in devastating damage.
Without cyber liability insurance you will be on your own to deal with business interruptions, lost revenue and the expense of resulting litigation against your business.
With cyber liability insurance, you can take the attack in stride, dealing with challenges and obstacles while maintaining the similarly strong financial position you enjoy today.
Benefits of cyber liability insurance Coverage
Cyber liability insurance policies are tailored to meet your company’s specific needs and can be robust in the benefits offered in the event of a loss, including but not limited to:
- Data Breach Coverage – In the event of a breach, you are required by law to notify affected parties. This cost can add up security fixes, identity theft protection and resulting legal action. Cyber liability includes coverage for these exposures.
- Business Interruption Loss Reimbursement – Cyber attacks often lead to significant lost time and money. Cyber liability can cover your loss of income during these interruptions.
- Cyber Extortion Defense – Ransomware and malicious software is designed to steal and withhold key data from your business until you pay a “ransom” fee to get it back. Cyber liability can help recoup losses related to these attacks.
- Legal Support – In the wake a cyber attack your business will most likely need to seek legal assistance (which can be costly). Cyber liability can help you afford the proper legal work necessary to get your back to business.
Top cyber liability insurance Carriers
Cyber liability insurance carriers come in two forms; Full spectrum national (or international) carriers which offer cyber products and niche (or specialty) carriers that focus on cyber specifically. At Rogue Risk, we match your unique cyber liability need to the insurance carrier which can best defend your businesss.
- Chubb Insurance – Chubb is a leading commercial lines insurer in the US and the largest financial lines writer globally. The company has operations in 54 countries and territories.
- The Hanover – Having the right cyber coverage is critical, and The Hanover has multiple cyber coverage options including endorsements to package policies as well as stand-alone programs.
- Cincinnati Insurance – Through Cincinnati Insurance you can tailor your coverage through our three options: Cincinnati Data Defender™, Cincinnati Network Defender™ and Cincinnati Cyber Defense™.
- Axis Capital – AXIS Capital Holdings delivers specialty insurance and reinsurance solutions to clients around the world through its insurance subsidiaries.
- The Hartford – The Hartford is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits, and mutual funds. The company sells its products primarily through a network of independent agents and brokers. Its cyber liability and data breach insurance coverages are stand-alone policies but can be added to existing business owner’s and general liability policies from the company.
- AXA XL – AXA is a multinational insurance and asset management company that operates in 62 countries. AXA XL the company’s specialty risk division, provides insurance for more than 30 lines of business, including cyber.
- Coalition Insurance – Coalition currently has more than 10,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk.
- Corvus Insurance – Corvus has built Smart Commercial Insurance Products: policies built on data-driven underwriting and deep understanding of the industry.
- Evolve MGA – Evolve MGA is a team built on common sense driven, technology focused, highly educated individuals striving to bring a modern day product out of a traditional industry.
This means there can be a wide variance in policy language and coverage options from between different insurance carriers. This makes working with a cyber liability insurance expert even more important.
The Cost of cyber liability insurance
The average cost of cyber liability insurance in the United States was $1,501 per year for $1 million in liability coverage, with a $10,000 deductible, according to a 2019 study done by AdvisorSmith Solutions Inc.
However, just like coverage options, the cost of cyber liability insurance can vary widely depending on different rating factors.
At Rogue Risk, we’ve written cyber insurance policies as low as $500 a year and have clients paying more than $20,000 a year.
Here are a few of the factors that will impact the cost of cyber liability insurance:
- Size of the business
- Type of cyber exposure
- Cyber carrier chosen
- Coverage options chosen
- Cyber loss history
- Prevent measures and security
As with all insurance, your goal should be to maximize the coverage you need, self-insure the coverage you don’t and optimize for cost by partnering with the right cyber insurance carrier.
GET A CYBER INSURANCE QUOTE
Click the button below and enter a few details to get a price indication in 5 minutes.
Cyber Liability in plain language
Let’s talk in plain language real quick…
Cyber liability insurance is quickly becoming as necessary an insurance policy as general liability or property coverage. The recent world pandemic, Coronavirus (COVID-19) has pushed more employees to remote work, created even more opportunities to hackers to exploit vulnerabilities in your technology.
No one expects you to be a cyber attack guru. You run a business and even if that business is technology related something as simple as an employee forgetting to reset a generic password could cost you thousands, or even millions of dollars depending on the type of data digital intruders are able to get their hands on.
Don’t sleep on cyber insurance. In most cases, for most businesses, the cost is minimal and coverage is broad.
Get a policy today (preferably from Rogue Risk) and consider it an an investment in the longevity of your business.
And while I hope you never have to use it, if that day comes, you’ll be patting yourself on the back for making the right decision.
Cyber Insurance Articles
Why Every Small Business Needs Cyber Liability Insurance In 2021
In 2021, with more than 60% of small businesses receiving cyber attacks each month, cyber liability insurance may be more important to the sustainability of your business than general liability.
Don’t Let A Cyber Attack Cripple Your Business
Cyber attacks happen every day, millions of times a day. The question isn’t whether cybercriminals get into your system, it’s when and how much damage do they do?
Small Businesses Are Not Prepared For The High Risk Of Cyber Attack
Cyber-attacks continue to rise in both frequency and severity. Too many small businesses are unprepared for the impact a cyber attack will have on their business.